Old 08-11-2010, 08:22 PM   #13
The Sand
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9810
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagger_99 View Post
Thanks for clearing it up, but unfortunately this still doesn't do me any good. I perhaps naively thought that when i bought my new Dell a few weeks ago and it came with Windows 7 64 bit that the technology had developed to the point of full commercialization.
So off to the store i trot to buy my Office 2010 64 bit to match my new OS not trying to think what software it wouldn't run with.
And much to my dismay, v5 didn't run my Office 2010, but no worries cause V6 was being released today. Until I installed it and found out it wouldn't run my Office 2010, and of course I can't go back to the store and return it. And I guess bad on me because I'm just a regular consumer who wants his calendars synced and not a BES user.
So now I'm stuck with Windows 7 64 bit, Office 2010 64 bit, but have no fear, because I'm due for an upgrade, and guess what? It won't be a Blackberry, because to the best of my knowledge both Android and iPhone do!
You are the first of many, many people who will find themselves in the same predicament. Before you give up on Blackberry I have heard of CompanionLink. I also plan on buying a 64 bit machine and installing 64 bit Office. I have not tried CompanionLink, but it looks promising...

Hope this helps...

Sandy
Offline   Reply With Quote