View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 01:46 PM   #83
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

1 - I doubt that 100,000's of 8700 units have been sold so far, so the ratio of affected versus manufactured/in use is probably a bit lower (probably 10,000 or so, if that)...

2 - I really like to see these threads come up, but I don't necessarily like to see all of the 'ask RIM for me...' type questions that tend to come afterwards - its rather annoying to read, and I'm sure its somewhat frustrating to John. If the latter is the case (and you can say as much, John), everyone should keep their replies limited to reports of similar issues on requested information (such as the dust issue, currently).

I'm sure that most people do not think they have the means to speak to RIM about issues, but you do. You simply call your carrier, or sometimes you can even call RIM directly, about the issue and report it up. If RIM is claiming they are not receiving customer complaints from the carrier, then there is obviously a QA issue that needs to be addressed from both sides. Relying on a single person on an internet forum is not always the greatest means of getting your issues and information to the proper sources - then again, going through the correct and suggested escalation route isn't always the best way either. However, if an issue is reported enough by enough people, and then rinsed and repeated, eventually someone will have to address it (in a logical customer-oriented business world).