Old 04-29-2008, 11:16 AM   #13
Chrishem

Model: 8703e
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telus (CDMA)
Angry Have the same problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christoph View Post
I just got a new laptop with Vista (home premium) installed and I tried to set up the Desktop Manager 4.2 SP2. The install went fine with no problems. I can start up the device manager with no problem but when I go to start the desktop manager, it looks like there is a little dialogue that opens up but it just flashes really quickly and goes away; desktop manager is never loaded up to run.

I'm presented with no error message or any other indication as to what just happened. I can go in to look at the Task Manager's running processes and I see only the device manager in the list. Looking in the blackberry directory, I don't see that any log files have been created so I am a total loss as to what is happening and what I might be able to do to fix it. I've done some searches here in the forums and also on Google but haven't been able to find anything that matches what I'm experiencing.

Has anyone else encountered a problem like this? Were you able to solve it? If so, how? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

thnx,
Christoph
Have the same problem; tried three different versions of desktop manager, running under different compatibility modes, engaging or disengaging Norton. Using Vista business. Not the first peice of software that I have seen do this - it appears that the window is 'virtual' under another layer that prevents it from being seen. All other software that I have had do this (ACT! for one) has reqruied a patch or upgrade. The compatibilty mode for Vista does not address the problem.
Offline   Reply With Quote