View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 07:55 PM   #14
Jaguarr40

Model: 9630
PIN: PM Me & Just Ask
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Post Re: Bold 9650 voicemail notification?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl05 View Post
I've had my new Bold for 4 days now, and am trying to explore it and get it set up the way I want. This is my first blackberry ever. First impressions, I like it a lot. My problem is, when someone leaves me voice mail, it doesn't play a tune, vibrate or anything. I've set up "alert songs" for SMS & email. Is voicemail level 1? I set one up for it too (not that I know what level one is.) The email plays the tune I picked, the SMS doesn't. It just does a little ping thingy. I've checked all the profiles, it's suppose to play nimble beats, nope just the ping thingy. So, maybe somewhere I can't find there is a place to change the ping thingy to a proper tune, which will play longer? And maybe in that place is somewhere to set an audible alert for voicemail?
It's a business phone, I can't believe there is not alert for voicemail. It accepts and plays voicemail, and shows a little tape icon on the screen, it just won't tell me. I'm on Sprint, and it's version is v.5.0.0.699 (Bundle 1186 Platform 4.2.0.318) not sure if you need that, but figured I should give it.
Thanks!
This is really the best way to understand how your problem with voicemail alerts works and you can fix it very easy...

SMS Text and voicemail share the same box so when you receive a voicemail and get the tape icon indicator on your mail screen if you were to look in your SMS box you will see the voicemail notification, At least without a doubt you should.

Now getting to the Sound alert part. These 2 alerts are going to be the same at least if you DO NOT dl any 3rd part apps to help as suggested here already so you can do what I do... For SMS I have it vibrate 1 time and then the sound alert. For a voicemail I have it vibrate twice and then the sound so that is my way of knowing what is what and what I am being notified for.

It is simple andworks and you don't have to go 3rd party or anything else. Voicemail notifications are just like an SMS text except you are not paying for it that's all.

I hope this will help you to better understand the way the good old BB works no matter 9650 Bold or 9630 Tour.

One last thing now if you are not getting any sound at all after a missed voicemail and you have NO custom alert profiles set up and you DO have your phone say set up for the loud profile as your standard profile for all rings and alerts then you have something wrong and i would go into your carrier and let them look at your settings as it may be something simple not to be ashamed of, it happens to all of us. Good luck and let us know.

Beta Tester For Bellshare - Apps. Like BerryWeather And Many Other Great BlackBerry Apps.
Offline   Reply With Quote