View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 05:02 PM   #21
winger13
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: sprint

Please Login to Remove!

Well, just to throw in my two cents - and I am not happy. I am not on my 2nd new Sprint BB 9650 Tour in two weeks. When streaming data (internet, video, etc) the signal reception went yoyo's when data streams were occuring (like 30% of the time). I got RSI signal reads from -80db to -127db (like never seen this low before).

On my second new unit now, when viewing youtube, I am frequently dropping the streams and getting the error message:
There was an error playing the video, please ensure you have a data plan and network access

I get this error using watching youtube videos using the Player for YouTube viewer (v1.2.34) and when watching youtube videos through the native BB Browser. Now, with the native browser, I may sometimes also get the following error also:

An error has occurred attempting to play media.

So, do some BB units have bad radios?
Edit/Delete Message

======== UPDATE====
I am on the phone with Sprint Blackberry Support now. They saw my previous devices' PIN was still attached to the BB Data Server (not the Email Server)...so this was corrected. I was asked to take the battery out and re-provisioned the phone. Still have the same issue...They got a test device (also a 9650 Bold) and got an error opening a youtube video... I am on hold...

<will report back later>

Last edited by winger13; 08-29-2010 at 05:34 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote