View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 04:08 PM   #1
daveinmanc

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2
Default tethering an 8520 curve to o2 on linux mint 11

Please Login to Remove!

Hello folks, fairly new to the blackberry and a little less of a newb to linux . . . . . but by no means a guru !

as the title says, i have an 8520 curve along with a lenovo t61 laptop and i want to tether it as a modem/wifi hotspot via the usb cable (i think? ) using my o2 UK connection which i just changed to enable tethering. . . . . . .

i have had some success and some outright fails getting what i assume are the 'packages' of software together to do this - i looked up 'barry' and have managed to get barrybackup installed via the terminal, i 'appear' to have the barry-utils installed as well although i cant seem to get a GUI up like i can for backup.

I also looked up berry4all which i found via this forum and have tried to follow the installation instructions, but just cant seem to get anywhere, i've downloaded tar files off the berry4all site about three different ones, cant open them, I just cant seem to be able to get anywhere at all and the more i search the more involved it seems to get til i'm lost!

is there anyone here that can give me some newbie proof instructions on how to set this up ??? I'd really appreciate it, dont mind doing stuff in the terminal and will hve a go at anything if it means getting it working !

thank you

Dave
Offline   Reply With Quote