View Single Post
Old 04-28-2006, 11:10 AM   #8
nlk10010
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Storm
Carrier: Verizon

I upgraded from a 7100t.

I actually had just learned to type more efficiently using SureType (as per a hint on these boards, I didn't keep checking the suggested words but typed out the entire string). Regardless, I am, for the most part, thrilled with the 8700, and this despite the fact I paid the full $400 -$50 for a one year extension (I was out of contract).

It's fast, fast, fast. Did I say fast? Internet browsing and messageboards on the 7100t were excruciating. I love the large, bright screen. And although the keys are a bit stiff, sometimes stick and are too close together, I think overall the full keyboard will prove to be a significant improvement over the 7100t and ST. The only definite downsides to me are the relative flimsiness of the plastic casing and the awful holster (every time I pull the BB out I inadvertently hit a key or two or click the trackwheel).

Overall, and even after using the Cingular 8700c for awhile (which IMHO looks better), I just love the combination of 8700 and no-worry, inexpensive T-Mobile service. Where I travel, and agreed this is not true for everyone, I get good cell service and EDGE everywhere, and I don't have to worry about extra data charges.

All in all, a very good investment, as far as I'm concerned (is that AFAIC)?

=NLK=