Old 11-27-2010, 09:38 PM   #1
nathan62969
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Default Torch or Facebook App bug?

Please Login to Remove!

I think this might be a bug on the Torch end, and not from the Facebook app end, though a FB app upgrade might have been the initial cause? Have not heard from BB.com yet or from FB, so thought I would go ahead and field my query here ;)

First few weeks of Torch with FB app 1.8, no problems.

Uploaded the FB 1.9 beta app. No problems

When the FB 1.9 went public, downloaded that. Problems began:

1) Would not receive several notifications in message folder. Would receive some, but not most.

2) Often, when liking or looking at comments in the FB app, I would get a popup saying something akin to "The Facebook server has returned an unknown error and is not able to fulfuill your request (1504)." Sometimes the request would still go through, despite the popup...

3) After scrolling down several pages in status update mode, I would eventually not be able scroll down further -- i.e. no further updates would load, even when clicking "more" in the menu.

Deleted and reinstalled app a few different times, batteries pulls,... No difference.

The deleted and installed the older 1.8 app.

#3 has been corrected, but am still not getting many notifications in message folder, and am still encountering either error popups and/or failed requests.

Anyone with similar experiences? Ideas, please?
Offline   Reply With Quote