View Single Post
Old 05-22-2016, 09:24 PM   #3
BillPierce

Model: Q10
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Default Re: Q10 vibrate not working

I tried a backup and then reloading the device software via the preferences menu in BlackBerry Link. The vibrator still didn't work. The software release was 10.3.2.2474, just as it was on the phone before the backup. I would try reverting to an earlier version just as a check, but I don't know where to find earlier factory software versions.

Restoring from a backup is something of a pain, as it does not restore all settings, and it takes me about 20-30 minutes of tweaking to put Humpty Dumpty precisely back together again. I suppose I'm wishing for something like Windows Restore, but I guess that's a lot to expect of a mobile OS.

If it is a hardware issue, I don't see how the service techs couldn't have fixed it by replacing the vibrator board. Is there a true Jedi Master of BlackBerry hardware I need to consult? It seems like there are tens of thousands of people who are successful repairing mobile phones today.

I really need vibrate to work. There are times I need to leave the phone on but to silence the ringer. The workaround to select another very quiet ring tone and then readjust the volume both before and after is a time-consuming exercise in frustration. I'd go crazy after about the tenth time that happened in three weeks.

Surely there's a fix for this. All problems *do* have solutions, however much time, effort and money it takes. I have an excess of the first two, if not the third, and I'm not one to give up.
Offline   Reply With Quote