View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 07:21 AM   #8
gtivr6r
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

LOVE Mine!

As others have said, there are a TON of new areas for settings for everything
will take some time to find and learn it all.

Had to tone down the sensitivity of the track pad, was acting like a Jack Russel Terror on crack.

Found where to delete a lot of the preinstalled AT&T bloat ware and other (to me) useless stuff. Stuff I couldn't get rid of I just Hid.

iPhone and Droid users at work not impressed with the screen resolution, but are very jealous of the battery power already. Theirs are at 40%-50% after just 2 hours off the charger, while mine is still 100%. Still at 77% a day later, still havent charged it even with all the tinkering i did last night.
They do like the full keyboard and that its very ballanced in your hands and feels good.

I had a little difficulty myself configureing my BT ear piece. Once I set the phone to discovery, it found 18 other devices in the office. LOL I never realized how much BT stuff was running around me. I selected my Plantronics BT and everything was good to go.

Calls have been great, not tinny or metal sounding on my end or the other.
Overall ringer volume is not as loud as the Bold 9000 was. Bold has 2 speakers I think while the Torch has just the one right on top.

Oh, when I got home from work yesterday, it had already discovered my N band network and attached to it for all data connections. It already had the configuration saved when i did the device transfer on BB DM 6.0 earlier. YouTube was fast and fluid, didnt hesitate for buffering at any time. Did some web browsing in potrate and landscape modes, zoomed pics and text smoothly and quickly.

For now I'm still very impressed with this phone.

My one and only concern is the slider. Since its a moving part, like the old track ball was on my Bold 9000, how long will the slider gizmos last?

Time will tell I guess.

For now, its rock solid and I'm very happy and would do it again in a heart beat!
Offline   Reply With Quote