View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 03:47 PM   #54
subtech

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by webchetan View Post
What other new features you guys have experienced with new 4.5 OS for Curve 8320? I am with TMobile USA too and bit hesistant to try the new OS (since the 4.5 OS is not officially released by the provider ) Also if something goes wrong can we revert back to 4.2.2.180 (the old OS)

Btw does the display look more crisp and clear now? Also how many of you are having ringing issues like ringtone not as loud or any other major annoyance with thew new OS?

Thanks
I'm using a tmob 8320 and I just upgraded to os 4.5 two days ago.

Here are a few observations.

1) Before upgrading, if you have the surreal theme, DELETE IT. I spent three hours trying to break my phone out of an endless crash loop. (I didn't know this was a known problem, but it is) Aside of the theme prob, everything else was smooth.

2) Video cam is great
3) Html email is great, except for spam, which I wish would go back to text.
4) Overall, the os feels a little sluggish
5) The voice quality is NOTICABLY better. It seemed like people would cut out when I spoke, making conversations a little more walkie talkie "ish". This is gone now.
6) Haven't noticed any difference with UMA quality either way.

I was getting a little bored and wanted to tinker with my phone. I'd say go for the upgrade, but lower your expectations a little. It's got a few new tricks, but there doesn't seem to be much to get excited about.

My 2cents
Offline   Reply With Quote