View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 07:20 AM   #5
translator

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: dunno
Default Re: Ambiguity or Dishonesty?

I have delayed replying whilst I waited for a written response from my wireless service provider, DREI. Weeks later I have still had none. DREI also offers free telephone support.The problem is, however, that one can wait over 15 minutes and never get any answer. A Drei shop told me informally that my Torch would cost me xxx8364;10 extra per month, doubling my current cost.

Let us get back to the basic question: I have just watched the demo film for the 9800, and what it shows is simply not true. Just reread my first email, which stated
"The first recommended step is to set up an email account. When I clicked in the Set Up icon on Email Accounts, up came a screen which started "To activate your enterprise account..".But I do not want an enterprise account. So I checked with p. 73 of the 350 page 9800 Torch Manual, and found:
Set up an email address
1. On the Home screen, click the
Setup icon.
2. In the Setup
section, click the
Email Accounts icon.

But there simply isn't one.But that is not what the demo film shows. Watch it yourselves!

I really don't see why Blackberry puts such untruthful stuff on record and seemingly gives no contact address of its own, merely passing the buck to user forums.

If they lie to users, it is hardly surprising that dealers are also misled!

The figure of xxx8364;600 came not from my dealer, but the latest issue of the magazine "Connect", which publishes list prices, followed by street prices. It was too early to for it to be able to provide a street price. For what it is worth, Amazon.de currently quotes xxx8364;490 for a Q10.
Offline   Reply With Quote