View Single Post
Old 11-19-2006, 06:50 PM   #1
FijiParisi
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-mobile
Question Mic not working...

Please Login to Remove!

This is the 2nd pearl this has happened to, but unfortunately this one isnt under warranty.

I got my first pearl at the end of Sept. and lived happily ever after UNTIL i dropped it for the FIRST TIME... the mic stopped working and people calling me or people i called couldnt hear what i was saying but they could hear me pushing buttons.

So, naturally, i called Tmo and complained that it wasnt working and they sent me a new one right away (in fact it was there the next day)

3 days later at my fraternity party a brother of mine pushed me into the pool... blackberry and digi cam in tow. The phone and cam both stopped working for a week or so and then started working again after they dried out. The brother is paying for the phone anyway since it is out of warranty anyway now that the water sensor has been tripped.

Well i had been using it, but i dropped it 2 nights ago and the same thing happened. no Mic. so since it is under warranty i am going to try to fix it myself so that i can use it still - because i figure why buy a new one if i can use this one.

ive got the tools to take it apart but what do you suggest i do to try and fix it? look for broken contacts? disconnected mic wires? i have the skill and supplies to solder (i mod xboxs) help me..

PIN: 204CB415