View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 04:01 PM   #268
Shadowlaw

Model: 7250

Newly registered, followed Mark's guide to enable EVDO on my Verizon 7250-it was extremely helpful. I had a few gliches along the way, but when I called the Verizon folks to straighten them out, I got the impression that the tech I spoke to had also read these boards and found them helpful. 2 lessons learned in my activation and a question--I had the dreaded "no data connection" issue, and we found that the customer care rep who told me the account was set up had put in only the tethering code, not the EVDO code, which caused the problem. 2d lesson, probably obvious to the power users-when on a BES system, the Enterprise activation has to be done hooked up to the computer on the system. I loaded the desktop software on my laptop, as that was the computer I would use for tethering, but since the BES is on my office system, I had to hook in there before I could get connected.

Now for the question--I ran VZAccess, and it set up the 7250 as 1xRTT, even though I am showing 1xEV on the 7250. Is that sufficient to get EVDO speeds on the connection, or do I need to find a way to get VZAccess to set up an EVDO connection? When I test the WWAN device through VZ access, it shows the device as EVDO capable.

Thanks again for the incredibly helpful info in this thread.