View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 01:06 AM   #20
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

sheran-g,

Question for you. On your page here ZenConsult Technology Consulting | Kisses - the spyware detector you are asking for donations to purchase Flexispy and MobileSpy.

Quote:
Important: I'm trying to build a list of signatures of spyware out there. This will then enable me to add these signatures into Kisses to be able to detect if specific spyware has been installed on your phone. If you have access to any of the following programs: FlexiSpy, MobileSpy, then please contact [email address]. Alternatively, if you are able to do so, a donation would allow me to purchase either of these tools and then examine them further myself. Donations can be tracked and donators will be listed on the donations page. Kisses will always be free; you shouldn't have to pay for protection.
However, in your changelog, you say that Kisses already detects Flexispy and MobileSpy.
Quote:
ChangeLog
Kisses
Features

Kisses 1.0.3
Added spyware detection & removal for PhoneSnoop
Kisses 1.0.2
Added spyware detection feature for two versions of FlexiSpy
Added spyware detection feature for two versions of MobileSpy
Added spyware removal feature for detected spyware
Kisses 1.0.1
Fixed a navigational issue that causes the menu to appear on button clicks
Kisses 1.0
Detects invisible processes
Detects invisible installed applications
Can reveal invisible applications
Shows all running processes on the handheld
So does that mean Kisses does not detect all versions of Flexispy or MobileSpy? You claim it detects invisible installed applications, does that mean some but not all? Or what does it really mean? Something seems wrong with this picture. Also it seems rather presumptuous to me that you are asking for donations to buy spyware apps. I have worked in the anti-spyware and anti-virus industry and I've yet to see a company ask for money to purchase commercial keyloggers, for example, so they can be added to detections. Even companies that offer free apps don't do that.