View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 01:32 AM   #4
wu-wei
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: A GADDA DA VIDA
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

I first associated my gmail account with BIS around version 2.3 or 2.4.

When a beta of the enhanced gmail plugin was floating around, I deleted 2 other google apps accounts and tried them with the plugin. I didn't like it, so I switched them back.

My google apps accounts will sync items deleted via the web. Stated differently, if I delete a message on my computer, it will be removed from my blackberry. It doesn't happen instantly, it can take a few hours sometimes.

My regular gmail account had this same behavior for more than a year. When I bought my 9700, I foolishly deleted and reassociated that regular gmail account.

I have again removed the enhanced gmail plugin from my OS, because I simply don't like it.

Now, I can't even get items deleted on my blackberry to sync with gmail - everything remains in my inbox. In fact, items I delete on my blackberry will reappear as new messages on the next BIS sync, usually between 1 - 15 minutes. So I have disabled the deleted items sync option and I have to delete in two places - on my handheld and via the web.

Why won't gmail just work? It always used to. I've noticed (after several attempts to reconfigure) that adding a gmail account via the BIS website simply will not allow me to configure the advanced settings. I only get general settings, no matter what I try.
Offline   Reply With Quote