View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 11:09 AM   #24
zero7404
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9530
PIN: n/a
Carrier: tmob

i was looking @ some deals offered on wirefly.....so i thought it was time to take the plunge....

i've been with tmob for more than 3 years and i wasn't on contract, so i found it a little compelling to get a new phone. i decided to go with verizon this time, and wirefly was offering the 9550 for $ 80, the droid for $ 120.

i chose to go with the droid.....although the bb experience has been great and i liked using my unlocked Storm with tmob, there wasn't much incentive for me to stay with tmob, as well as get another bb (i am a personal email user).

ultimately, the thing that changed my mind to the droid was being stuck with bbos for another 2 yrs. although it's a good platform, i set a higher bar this time for web browsing & handset features.....

so because i changed my mind midway in the order (from the 9550 to the droid), i received both in the mail. the 9550 box is 3 times the weight of the droid box....i wonder what's in there ? left the 9550 sealed because it's going back to wirefly.....

so far the droid has this pretty solid industrial look and it's a hefty phone, playing around with the device a little it seems like a nice phone, but i'm limited to using it because it's not activated it. hopefully some time tomorrow it will be activated and i can get started moving all my personal info over.....

meanwhile, i will miss doing things the bb way, but it's done now. it was a tough call for me, but from what i'm hearing so far, i don't think i'm going to regret it.

there are some apps i do have with the bb that i haven't checked to see if android has an equivalent.....like datavault.