View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 07:19 PM   #347
whuffo

Model: 8130
Carrier: verizon

I received my 7250 today. I called customer service to activate the phone and asked her if she could enable me for broadband access too. She said that I already was. I then asked her to enable feature MNAI 1. She could not find this feature and put me on hold a long time while she asked around. Nobody knew what that feature was. I had to run an errand and let her go. Later I called the data service department noted in the guide above and the lady there also did not know what I was asking for until I told her it was to tether a laptop. She put me on hold and then came back and said she was talking to tech support who "knew what I needed and was setting it up". A few minutes later she said that I was all set. I was a bit nervous since I did not talk to the person doing the provisioning myself but went ahead and did the software and firmware updates. Bingo! I have 1XEV. I loaded up VZAcess Manager and did a test at dslreports.com and got 526Kb/s down and 120Kb/s up. Whooo Hooo!

My features on the VZW web site show Blackberry Unlimited BBA $44.99, IP General Use W/FES $0.00, (both of which were on there after the initial activation call) and Broadbandaccess Connect Unlim PDARIM $15.00. If you get those features, you are good to go. Thanks to this wonderful group and Mark.