Old 08-06-2010, 03:45 AM   #1
coriordan
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Orange/T-Mobile
Default Keypad Lock issues and Sim lock issues

Please Login to Remove!

So I have trawled the forums for the same issues, but the answers supplied dont solve my issues:

1. I can lock the keypad (using * + green), but the same combination wont unlock it. I have the 'lock keypad' button at the top of the phone, but that doesn't work either.

It's 2nd hand from my sister and she says it has been dropped, which may cause the problem, but while its unlocked, it works like a charm. Not slow or any issues with any apps at all.

If it helps, I also had it hooked up to my laptop last night, so its got the most up-to-date O/S etc as supplied by BB dashboard.

2. I wanted to get it unlocked from Orange, so I thought I'd do it myself. I used BBunlocking.net for 6.99 and they sent me 2 unlock codes last night. However, neither worked.

There were 2 ways of inputting the code.
1) while the old (deactivated, as she now has a new phone and took her number with her) sim card is in, go advanced options -> Sim card then type MEPD MEP (alt +2) then enter the MEP code.

2) If I put in my new sim card (T-Mobile), then while at the menu it says that it is locked so I can enter my MEP code there. Which I did, with each of the codes supplied.

Long story short, I now have 3 attempts left after various Sim card/MEP code combinations.

Any ideas on unlocking the keypad and unblocking the Sim? I dread to think what happens when I get it wrong 10 times. PUK code time?

If not, I suppose I can cancel my contract pretty easily and swap to orange. Its just im on a 'SIM only' deal so can cancel whenever I want and quite like the flexibility so dont have to go down the 18 month got-you-by-the-goolies route.

Many thanks for any help
Offline   Reply With Quote