View Single Post
Old 08-15-2017, 03:22 PM   #1
Jack T. Chance
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Priv
Carrier: T-Mobile
Question Anyone else having problems using the Priv with Bluetooth Keyboards?

Please Login to Remove!

I've loved my Priv since the day I bought it... until this summer.

Last fall, I bought a Logitech K780 Multi-Device Bluetooth Keyboard. One keyboard, equipped with both Bluetooth and Logitech's Unifying Receiver technology, that can be paired with up to 3 devices, and switch between them at the press of a button.

I paired said keyboard with my Priv, my Samsung tablet, and its own Unifying Receiver for those times when I want to use it with a PC. And it worked beautifully for about 6 months... and then, all of a sudden, my Priv decided it no longer wanted to establish a working connection with it.

I've tried so many times that I can't count them to have the Priv forget the K780, and then re-paired it with the keyboard. I tried it on all 3 buttons or "frequencies" on the keyboard. Every time, the result was the same... pairing failed and the phone couldn't establish a connection after saying pairing was complete.

So, I put in a warranty claim on the keyboard. After a couple weeks of back and forth emails with Logitech Customer Support, they FINALLY sent me a warranty replacement for a keyboard that has always worked flawlessly with every device EXCEPT the Priv, which has always worked flawlessly with every BT device EXCEPT the K780 keyboard. Today, I opened the new keyboard, put the new batteries in it, put it in pairing mode... and the same thing is happening all over again. Regardless of which of the 3 device buttons I try to pair it to, the Priv fails to complete pairing.

Months before I bought the Logitech K780, I had bought a much cheaper, Chinese made equivalent. I pulled that back out, recharged it (it uses a built-in rechargeable battery, rather than the standard AAA batteries the Logitech uses) and turned it on. The Priv STILL works flawlessly with it, while refusing to work with the much higher quality Logitech model.

At this point, it's clear the fault is with the Priv, not my keyboard, but I'm at a loss as to what, exactly, could be causing it to refuse to work with the Logitech keyboard, when literally every other Bluetooth accessory I use works flawlessly with my Priv.

So, have any of you had any similar problems with Bluetooth keyboards or accessories? If so, how did you resolve the issue?

Don't steal other people's avatars! Make your own! >=(
Offline   Reply With Quote