View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 10:36 PM   #17
jstodda79
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
PIN: 241E85A8
Carrier: I work for T-Mobile!!

This is a pretty easy answer.. If you were using a previous BB or other PDA device, it did not have UMA support. So when you transferred to the CURVE, the keystore and other things that you used in your backup, will take the UMA feature OFF the curve. There is a known issue about this and several ways around it. Easiest being to backup your phone. Wipe it via the security menu, then do a SELECTIVE backup via the advanced button on the BB software and restore everything exept those items that would affect the policy. I am not at work now, but will list them. ANY tmobile employee can get you a PDF of how to take care of that. I had the pearl and did the same thing. But now my UMA works like a charm with my WIFI at home. I dont pay for the free calls from home but my service is just as good as my wireless internet which has incredible coverage in my home. Both the browser and sms/mms will work through UMA. 'You can use the WIFI browser on any unsecured network, or a secured network if you know the security key. The UMA will also work with almost any WIFI network, you only pay for the feature if you want FREE CALLS when youre connected. Otherwise its main purpose is to increase reception. Ill post the pdf tomorrow with the workthrough. Any questions feel free to pin or PM me.
Offline   Reply With Quote