View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 05:31 PM   #15
jenfavre
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjilu View Post
Still not getting uma logo in corner. Under wifi diagnostic, I have wifi preferred and uma wifi available as being checked off in green but connection is crossed out with error code: W005.3 and the status: ISP error:retry. I was able to make a call with uma right after re-boot but call was dropped 30 seconds into it. I'm using an Airlink 101 wireless router, is that the problem? should i get tmo's router instead and try?
I spent 2 hours on the phone with tmobile last night for this very issue. Went through 6 techs and was hung up on twice. I was not happy to say the least. The last tech tried to tell me there was an outage, but I was actually able to receive UMA off a neighbor's open wireless network, another friend's network, and tmobile hotspots. It was only when I switched to my own that I could not get UMA back.

At some point during the night, my neighbor's wireless must have been turned off and my curve switched to my own and UMA was back when I got up this morning. If there was an outage, I'm not sure how I was getting UMA off someone else's network at the time, but I'm just glad it's back.
Offline   Reply With Quote