Old 05-22-2008, 09:40 AM   #241
mnanda

Model: 8120
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default New Usa Blackberry 8120 As Modem In Italy-desperate For Web

Please Login to Remove!

Dear Blackberry Forums Community,

I really need help. I am writing from a small town in Southern Italy where hardly anyone has landline phones with which to get wireless internet and the only way I can access the web is to figure out a way to make my phone work as a modem.

I read the sticky extensively, created the script file without a problem, but cannot get the phone/modem to work. I am now using OS 10.5.2, so some of the options mentioned in the original sticky no longer appear, such as GPRS CID. On the pull down menu for the modem the only options appearing are “Enable error correction and compression in modem” and then questions about the dial tone.

Since the original 2006 post was written, I’m using an updated BB (8120) and an updated OS (10.5.2), so is it possible that I need an updated script? And if so, what diety do I pray to in order to find one. St. Francisco De Paula is very popular in these parts, so maybe I’ll try him.

I’m pretty sure I have the APN: ibox.tim.it Is there something else I need to know?

Of course all this is complicated by the fact that I’m using Italian cell phone service. The company is called TIM. It is big with a lot of support, but the support is in Italian, so to get answers, I need to ask very specific questions.
Offline   Reply With Quote