knottyrope
BlackBerry Elite

Model: DT60
PIN: t of blood has been taken
Carrier: AT&T-US with I dee ten tee errors
Default Re: BB10 vs Galaxy S III vs Iphone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopHat View Post
I want to see how the operating system, features, and software of the BB10 compare with those of the other devices. Can't wait until the information becomes available. Battery features etc also of interest. Which one turns out to be the best value for the money...and is there another device in the running. I don't need the best, I want the best value. In the 70s, I bought Koss headphones with specs that were way over the ability of my hearing...but I had the best at the time but probably not the best value. I suspect BB10 will have to be a grandslam homerun to be successful, a triple won't do.

If the BB10 doesn't doesn't equal or exceed the other devices, would you get the BB10 and why? Security.

If it only equals the others, or a tad lower, why would you opt for it? Security

How does the Blackberry server fit in to your decision? We run BES already and will be getting BES10. Exchange Active sync is ok but we need more robust tools and dont want another MDM system.

My 18 yo daughter has the Iphone5, my niece's boyfriend has the Galaxy SIII, and my niece (had the Tour before ) has an earlier Galaxy. She is opting for the Iphone 5 only because the new Galaxy is too big. Otherwise, it was toss up to her. Me, I'm old school with the Blackberry 9630. I might as well have no internet service as it is sooooooo slow, so I rarely use it and not good for these old eyes. So my niece and daughter use up the data limits from Verizon.
size isnt everything and no phone is perfect for all
we are all human and have different needs

My take
iphone is simple but lacks options for power users.

maldroid is very costomiseable but with risk in malware. Who wants to buy antivirus, malware apps and task killers with a new phone?

windows is ok but not what many are looking for and previous versions left many with a bad taste.

Java BlackBerry is secure but java isnt robust with multi tasking with todays needs. Many features that BlackBerry has in the box, others need a app for that or just can not do it.

BB10 will be very interesting to compare once released. I cant wait to try one out.
It doesn't even matter

Rocking the Motion with out lotion.
Offline   Reply With Quote