View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 08:12 PM   #1
zhanghong

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Red face Blackberry desktop redirector issues

Please Login to Remove!

Hi everyone, I'm happy to find this website full of enthusiasts and experts, anyhow here goes my first question: how do I setup a functional desktop redirector?
=============
my setup:
Handset : Blackberry 8330 from Verizon
Desktop: Windows vista home premium with SP1 with Ourlook 2007 (tried 2003 too).

Having had this phone for about two weeks, and found it to be a great fun to use. However I have had some problems in making Blackberry Desktop Redirector to work.

Our company uses Microsoft Exchange messaging system, I installed the most up to date Blackberry Desktop Manager to my PC. Everything is correctly configured on Desktop Manager as far as synchronization is concerned (I spent about 2 hours going through all the settings with a senior tech support guy from Verizon, and in the end he couldn't explain why it didn't work).

Long story short, my desktop manager can communicate with my phone without any problem, but on the Blackberry Desktop Redirector the status stuck at "Verifying forwarding address" forever.

I did notice that when I click on the "Synchronize->Synchronize" button my phone screen briefly displayed "connected to desktop" then went away.

For only once I got an error "could not start the redirector: the connection to your messaging system could not be initiated.", most of time I don't see any indication on what's going on and what's wrong.

Btw since I had the desktop software running on my office machine, I got tons of messages in my mailbox (see attached). It seems to me that the Desktop Manager was trying to send something to my personal mailbox, but I don't understand how it has anything to do with the Desktop Redirector, moreover to my device.

I did some search but didn't quite understand how the whole things work from end to end. I hope someone can give me some highlights, as well as some troubleshooting tips.

Regards,

Hong
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1-24-2009 5-06-16 PM.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	15031  
Attached Files
File Type: txt RIM_bca28a80-e9c0-11d1-87fe-00600811c6a2.txt (566 Bytes, 185 views)
Offline   Reply With Quote