Old 08-24-2006, 01:00 AM   #22
Jagga
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Z10
Carrier: Lord Rogers - 107
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilehavoc
That is VoiceSignal (VoiceSignal Technologies - Voice and Speech Recognition Solutions) - a third-party voice command software that's used on most Verizon phones and some other carrier phones.
This is critical to me.
VoiceSignal 1st debuted on the PPC-PE Motorola MPx device then flourished on the other PPC-PE phones. This MPx prototype goes back to Early 2003 - I can guarantee no regular Motorola phones had NE-thing like this back then. Samsung has their own solution.

Mobilehavoc; I believe you can do Voice Dialing of phonebook entries & individual numbers - not sure if it'll work over BT but that would make this 8100 KING; and would prompt and IMMEDIATE 8700g Followup!

Following comments & question to Boy Genius;
> Love the "Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected" feature. However, whats going on with Encryption Mode on the Media Card? Is this a user based feature or a BES based, or BOTH?! Cool either way, seems RIM is pushing the media envelope!

> Left & Right Side Convenience keys = Props!
> Vertical/Horizontal Sensitivities ?? as in lines to scroll (I think would be better) or ??? (I'm guessing the latter, could get tiring with endless scrolling).

EXCELLENT Video Review! Great way to usher in the "Black Pearl" ~!

PS. TrackBall scrolling; I Remember you going through the setup screens and having to scroll down to a second page (beyond what the screen displayed) in order to get to the NEXT on-screen button. I'm hoping that this implementation is changed where in if there is buttons for a particular feature to be selectable on screen or in the MENU; you could just scroll the ball sideways just to highlight them. This way one doesnt have to go down a HUGE screen to get what they need.

Any ideas for sideways scrolling?!