View Single Post
Old 04-21-2005, 11:43 AM   #6
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers

Here's the source code:
BlackBerryTools SourceForge CVS
(If you're a developer, please feel free to participate.)

Alternate location if you prefer a zip file (Old Source Code - May 1st, 2005 edition):
www.marky.com/files/bb/BBTools-Source.zip
I hereby uphold GNU General Public License by releasing the source code.

I did a lot of correspondence with the parties involved. The new name for bbSpellCheck is now already "bbCorrector" - I have already changed the source code for everybody. The trademark issue has been resolved. Both wonderful products continue to exist. The only exception is that Chris Miles never got back to me.

This is under GNU General Public License, an open source license, and belongs to the public. I have worked with GNU open source projects since 1994 under Linux, so I am familiar with the legal implications of GPL. The GPL guarantees my protection even if Chris Miles does not want me to re-release the source code. This source code legally belongs to the public!

Thank you to Chris Miles for releasing BlackBerryTools, the BEST open source BlackBerry software.
Thank you to SomeDevelopers.com for being very reasonable with me, and for releasing an excellent spellchecker!
(I should note I got the SomeDevelopers.com 'bbSpell' spellchecker beta before the Chris Miles 'bbCorrector' spellchecker was ever released)
www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source

Last edited by Mark Rejhon; 02-09-2006 at 05:06 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote