View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 10:51 AM   #5
jaszman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Seemed hopeless, got new phone

Well, none of what I tried to correct the problem seemed to be of any help with the black screens (both), really all I could do was 1) battery pull, 2) search known threads, 3) master reset, 4) OS update. Calling Blackberry tech support for T-Mobile is a waste of time. I bought a new BB 8220 on E-Bay, they are getting hard to find as T-Mobile do'es not sell them anymore. The old 8220 still works fine, both moisture indicators (phone and battery) are white, it still makes and recieves calls, all notifiers, and alarms still sound, connects to the desktop on my laptop and updates the orginizer data, in short it works fine in ALL respects escept for the screens being black. It was never droped, or left in the heat and sunlight here in Florida, I guess the only thing I could have done is to have bumped somthing while it was on my belt in the OEM leather case without noticing (couldn't have been too hard as there are no scratches or damage to the phone or the case). I guess the last thing I can do for this phone is to ask all the hardware techies on this site if there is anything I should do, or look for when I take it apart. Who knows ? I might be able to repair it with the right advice, if not it will be a great learning expirance for any future hardwar problems with my new 8220. Thanks again for your quick response, and all your help. Rich
Offline   Reply With Quote