View Single Post
Old 12-22-2006, 06:20 PM   #1
Parker Rose
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700c
Carrier: cingular
Default Freedom Universal Keyboard (Bluetooth)

Please Login to Remove!

I was given this as a gift a few days ago. It could be a neat item, but I am having problems. So far, the tech support for this keyboard (freedominput.com) has bee non-existent, a terrible disappointment. I will be delighted to share a full review with everyone on this forum if I can finalize the operation. Here is the problem (and this is substantially as it was posted to the Freedom Keyboard Tech support site, but with no acknowledgment at all yet. ARGH!)

I have managed to install the keyboard driver for the Freedom Universal Keyboard. The device IS successfully paired with my Blackberry 8700c. The permissions have been edited to allow the keypboard and the settings to allow the device to be trusted. You would think that this would be enough, but some tekkie-type decided that it had to be more difficult.

I cannot get the keyboard to function. It is turned on (the on-off switch is in the upper right, not the lower left as the online documentation states) and it has HID and SPP positions (I have no idea what this means).

Anyway, I seem to be missing one thing here. There is reference to the keyboard icon appearing on the Blackberry main screen and then clicking on it and activating it. THERE IS NO KEYBOARD ICON THAT HAS APPEARED AND THEREFORE THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE.

This may be the problem. If anyone can help, please let me know. Thanks...

Parker R.