View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 10:06 PM   #4
gijimbo911

Model: 7290
PIN: N/A
Carrier: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubdub View Post
For the data plan question, go to the FAQ "What do I need a data plan for" and "Using the BB with a Generic data plan". It is all right there.
that post u mentioned is the exact one i was vaguely referencing. i was more or less asking if that principle still worked 3 years after that post first made. my main concern as of right now is getting it connected to my computer and syncing it. ive got some ideas for it, but with no ways to load programs onto it, makes it a bit difficult.

so is there a critical moment during the phase of plugging in the usb cord where it will be detected by the software or what. ive heard of this problem on other posts here but again, no conclusive answers at the end of it all. should i turn it off before i sync it? turning it on gets displayed in device manager and shows its charging on the actual unit, however theres no sort of pda - computer logo or anything of that sort, that traditionally gets displayed when syncing handheld devices to a computer. so to clear all that up

1.) Does anyone successfully use a generic data plan for a BB within the US?
2.) Should my BB be off or on when i attempt to sync
3.) No icon showing me its connecting to the computer, however the computer sees the device, is this abnormal?
4.) Is there a critical moment where my BB can be detected by the Desktop Manager software?

Thanks again, i appreciate the help!
Offline   Reply With Quote