Old 08-28-2009, 07:28 PM   #32
Stale Pancake
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattywalnuts View Post
I'm actually activating two Pres on a family plan today. I've been with Verizon for 8 years and I've been using a 8830WE for over 2 years...returned the Tour, wasn't happy with the signal quality.

One of the biggest reasons why I switched to the Pre was the everything share plan from Sprint, which is roughly $35 cheaper per month from what I am paying Verizon. I'm on Long Island/NYC so Sprint is just fine. Another big reason was the Pre's ability to support Microsoft Exchange. Of course, the webOS, touchscreen, and speed are reasons as well.

Will reply with an update over the next few days.
Sounds a little like me. I bought an iPhone. First day I got Exchange up via Active Sync. Found all kinds of reason to like it. bought tons of apps, loaded a movie from itunes and watch it on a train ride. Life was good. Except that the device wasn't so great after the honeymoon ended. Three months later I was looking at my trusted 8310 sitting with all my older junk. And I oddly found myself missing it. Three months later I was selling my iPhone on ebay and re-activating my blackberry.

I held onto that 8310 barely long enough for the pre to release. I was totally lusting after the Pre. Wanted the Srint Everything plan too. A friend got the pre before me and asked for my help getting it on the Exchange server. After using hers for a short time I admit, I decided not to get a Pre and waited still longer for the 8900 curve. When that released, I thought, time to ditch AT&T as I got a lot of dropped calls. Waited longer for the Tour on Verizon.

Finally got a new phone. OMFG I love the Tour. It's the only phone that could replace my 8310.
Offline   Reply With Quote