View Single Post
Old 09-28-2005, 03:21 PM   #34
corey@12mile
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: lots
Carrier: Rogers

Oh boy... I don't even know how to respond to something like that... First of all, I am in no way religious. I am athiest, as athiest as one can be. Second, the problems between you and I started when you asked about voice activated dial, and I offered an outlook on where the difficulties would lie for people outside of RIM to develop something like that. You said that you were a corporate programmer and that it should be easy to do. You started attacking me for providing insight into the whole situation.

For all intents and purposes, you had no business posting in this thread. Your initial post in this thread was a direct attack on me. Do you really think, having read my posts in the past, that I would sit back and not defend myself to your babbling?

It's not like I want to argue, but some people just aren't realistic, or don't have the self fulfillment values that I have. I do things for myself whenever I want something done. I don't rely on other people to do things for me when I am quite capable of learning and doing things on my own. I have a never ending stream of email and phone calls asking me to help people out, but like I am here, if I think someone is being lazy, I tell them so... it's not just online, but a lot of my friends in real life hear it from me too... most of the time I give people guidance... they present me with a problem, and I tell them where to go to find the answer... I don't give them the answer, but I stear them in the direction. Why? because it makes people better. Without patting myself on the shoulder, I am pretty much at the top of my game when it comes to what I do, I am bored, so I have taken up something new... writing mobile apps. I don't know nearly as much as I want to at this time, but when I am stuck, I look through the JDE docs, I google and I check out the RIM Developer site...

Most people can't even comprehend the amount of knowledge that has been built up here, and until they start using the search button they never will. If people spent the extra 30 minutes trying to help themselves out, there would never be a reason for me to say anything bad about anyone.

In the end, whether people like me or not, forgive me or not, whatever... It doesn't really matter to me... I look out for #1 at the end of the day.

cd.