View Single Post
Old 03-01-2006, 10:08 AM   #15
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRV
Anyone had to reboot their server (not just BES services...the server)?

I know it always says a server reboot may be required, and I'm sure SP4 says that too. But I think only 1 BES 4.0 HF has actually required this in our environment.
reboot the server, even if it prompts or not. one thing it does, upon reboot (that it doesn't during a services-restart, is update the database with the correct version of BES. this goes for hotfixes and service packs. i've had many times when i didn't reboot and it would either show the previous version or it'd show 4.0.0.0 for the version - might just be cosmetic, but may as well go ahead and take the extra few minutes just to be on the safe side.

my car manual tells me i only have to get an oil change once a year or every 10,000 miles - the dealership says that the manufacturer is simply trying to promote low cost maintenance rather than realistic upkeep (then again, the dealership may just want the money they'd lose out on otherwise - who knows).