View Single Post
Old 05-01-2007, 05:16 AM   #12
chrismacsween
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
PIN: 205D8AAC
Carrier: 02

I use a BK600 SmartKeyboard with my blackberry. It has SPP. Actually most other PDA and Smartphones have SPP as well as HID. This is the reason why you can connect other devices like GPS receivers, Barcode Scanners, Bluetooth printers to them. All you need for keyboard multi-device usage is a Bluetooth SPP keyboard with the correct drivers for the various PDA, Smartphones, and PC.

The BK600 Smartkeyboard was manufactured by Chainpus. I know this Company very well but sadly they went out of business last month. They used to build and maintain their own drivers (but no after sales support) but I don't know if anyone will continue this for them now. Their website still exists today and the existing drivers are still downloadable today but there are no personnel left in the Company.
As you can imagine, there is a lot of ongoing investment in drivers and support and it is an area we consider very important. As mentioned, SPP reqiures a seperate driver for every device so be very careful with purchasing the Smart keyboard.

Chris Macsween.

Freedom Input Ltd.