Wolf_Dreams
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikipedia View Post
Hi,

The trackpad scroll is working fine, so are all other keys. But the trackpad click has suddenly stopped working.

I have installed OS6 a few months back and have had no real problems.
I have already tried a device wipe and reinstalled OS6 again but hasn't solved the problem.

Could it be a hardware issue? if so, how come the trackpad scrolling still works and only the click has the problem?
Yes, the trackpad has probably malfunctioned. New RIM trackpads are about $20 USDollars @ amazon.com.

If your device is less than 12 months old, its covered by warranty, unless its had water damage. If no water damage, call *611 (free call) it will connect you with your carrier's customer service, ask for blackberry technical support.

If it has been water damaged, you can purchase the part from amazon and install it yourself, with the assistance of a T6 screwdriver and a safe pry removal tool.

Youtube has tons of how-to videos for the procedure.

Get the BB app for amazon if you want to find the best deals. Its at amazon.com/bb

They sell full 9700 housings with trackpad included (+ keyboard too) usually under $30

They also sell the toolkit you need. Use search term "T6 T5 cell phone". Glentool sells a kit for $4.00 (includes 2 safe pry removal tools and a T6 and T5 screwdriver + although the description says 3pce - ACC Stop is probably the highest seller of these kits (5000 or so in the last 12 months)

PM me if you have questions
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Offline   Reply With Quote