View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 06:53 PM   #11
carlittobbery

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t mobile
Default Re: How to fix WHITE SCREEN OF DEATH on BB BOLD 9700

Hy i am having a very similar problem, i have 3 blackberries: bbery a,b,c

a: i had it a long time ago it lasted me around a year then, i cant say i was easy on it but one day i showered and had my cellphone in the bathroom. I came out it had some vapor on it from the steam in the shower i wiped it off and it was perfectly fine. 20 minutes later i take it out of my pocket and the screen is white. Then i kept turning it off and on sometimes screen becomes normal then it gets white in 1 minute if not less.
I said my blackberry had died, after that i got a new blackberry, and i kept the old one with me

blackberry b: my dad dropped it in the lake and it got ruined so this one's gone when u put the battery the flash turns on and the cellphone doesnt do anything
blackberry a and b are 9700

blackbery c: blackberry c is a newer version its 9780, my old one was stolen so the insurance got me a new one. i never dropped it and took care of it cause i figured they where sensitive. One month after i bought it, i was in las vegas so and i was walking around the hotel when i take my cellphone off my pocket and its a white screen. i got sick of white screen its the 4th cellphone in a year and its geting on my nerves
i first went to tmobile to fix it they said its more than 1 year since i got the original phone and that's not the original phone, its a phone from the insurance (that died after a month).
They said i had to buy a new one since prepaid does not have insurance. i started searching youtube and i found out that if u press on the lower right of the screen, over the end call button the screen works i tried it on my old phone a and on my new phone c both of em worked.

At this point i started searching how to fix it i bought the opening tool for blackberry and i started the experiment.
i opened my (a) blackberry i found out that the plastic tape on the usb of the screen is almost torn by the piece of plastic next to it the one "ernopena" removed. so i got a new tape and i taped it. i tried it again it did not work and even worse when i pressed hard the screen stayed white. at this point i did not bother closing the cellphone i kept it open and then i turned it on through the charger. I was working now with only the green plate and the lcd screen. i turned it on screen is white, i tried to move the usb cable and wiggle it see if the screen works, and the screen stayed white.

At this point i realized maybe blackberry b the one my dad droped in the water still has a good usb cable and a good screen if it didnt get damaged in the water. So i oppened blackberry b took the screen out of it placed it in blackberry a. They are both 9700 so there shouldnt be a conflict. i turn on the blackberry its not a white screen but a screen with random colors, i guessed here that the usb cable is good but the screen is dead. Now i kept the cellphone turned on and removed the (b) screen and i put instead the (a) screen to see what happens, (a) screen turned white. So (a) still has the same usb connection problem. Now i removed screen (a) and installed screen (b) again while keeping the blackberry turned on. Screen (b) was fully white just like (a) was.
At this point i turned the cellphone off and on again to see if (b) is permanently "white screen" it turned on with the original random colors.

i tried to turn the cellphone off then on again with screen (b) it came as black and if i disconnect and reconnect the same screen it turns white.

Blackberry c i dont wana touch it since its the newest until i have more information.
Offline   Reply With Quote