View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 04:38 PM   #12
ericas8120
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9780
PIN: 238E6027
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

rasmith and drillbit:

Thanks for your replies. I am thinking of returning to the WM platform with my next hardware upgrade (hopefully I can get it early). In particular, I can't wait for the HTC Touch Pro 2 on T-Mobile.

I have actually had the opposite experience when I transitioned from WM to BB. Back in 2003 I bought the HP iPAQ 6315 on T-Mobile. It ran WM 2003 Phone Edition. I had 3 of them. The problem wasn't the software, battery life, etc. It was the actual hardware. One drop on concrete broke the SIM card holder which in turn meant I could no longer use it as a phone. It was still great for games, etc. I think I still have the third one in my garage somewhere.

I got tired of this after 2 replacements and went to the BlackBerry platform with the 7730 (That was the first BB I owned that had a screen and was a phone. I had a 950 prior to that and loved it. I still have the thing LOL). I have nothing against the BlackBerry but I wish I had stayed with WM. I do love the fast email delivery, applications, portability, ease of use, etc but the problems outweigh the positives.

12 devices later, I have had everything from a broken trackwheel and USB port to signal problems to complete device shutdowns and reboots. The hourglass is a constant battle even when I have 3 3rd party apps on the phone. I have lost count of the OS upgrades, reloads and battery pulls I have had to perform to make the devices work the way I want them to. Things got so bad from 2004 to now that it seems like I have been sending a BlackBerry back every 6 months to have it replaced. I have gone through 2 7730's, 3 7100t's, 2 7105t's, 3 8100's and 2 8120's (I had to replace my 14 month old 8120 this past Tuesday for a trackball issue that started last Sunday night. Got the replacement Thursday and it crashed and rebooted last night after making a call using a BlueTooth headset) since 2004. Not happy with RIM devices right now so the switch will be very welcomed.

I will be waiting to see if the new TP2 will be a device that will be able to stand up to the use I put my phones through. I will be waiting for reviews from anyone who manages to get one before I do.

Last edited by ericas8120; 08-01-2009 at 04:45 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote