View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 07:54 PM   #56
Drillbit
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: IT&E

Quote:
i can take a mp3, any mp3 or music file, put it on my touch, and move pc's it cant be moved to a different pc.
Why is that? Do you actually own any Apple products at all?

I can take any generic MP3 or AAC file, sync it with iTunes to my iPod and it works. Those same files will still be opened and played by WinAmp, Windows Media Player and other generic MP3 players.

iTunes specific files can be played on any iPod as long as you own it. it will also play on your PC via iTunes or Quicktime, so long as you own that PC. You simply authorize the PC when iTunes request the authorization. Up to five PCs are allowed.

Starting April 7, iTunes have changed their policy to sell only DRM free music. DRM music can be upgraded to non DRM but depending on the music company, some songs may require an additional charge.

I have a program called Air Search that turns my iPod into a generic wireless Wifi network drive. If I upload songs into it from my PC and store it in the PC file structure, any MP3 songs will be played by the iPod Touch. When I move the files to another PC, they are unaltered and remain generic, still playable with any other player.

Last edited by Drillbit; 04-09-2009 at 07:55 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote