View Single Post
Old 05-11-2005, 10:56 PM   #1
cyberhh
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Exchange Email on your BB - no BES needed.

Please Login to Remove!

Okay, I cannot afford to add the BES to my exchange server yet, but I do have admin rights to the box, so I figured that I could find a temporary solution.

Requirements:
1. An understanding of Exchange - I am not in front of my server, so I cannot tell you step by step instructions - this will be vague.

2. Admin rights to exchange, or an "in" with your Exchange admin

3. You need to know your BlackBerry WebMail address.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why this is nice.

You can always open pop access to the mail server and add it as an account on the BB Webclient - but it will not be instant - the POP account are all polled accounts, the Webmail address is instant, no delay.

HOWEVER - there is no syncronization with exchange at all, just a generic forward of all the mail.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. From the ADUC console create a new "Contact"
2. Set it up with the external address you want to forward your mail to (your BB address)
3. On the exchange features page of the User properties setup forwarding to send a copy of all messages to the contact. (There are 3 buttons on that page, it is in one of the button sub-menu's)

I hope this helps someone.

Contacts do not take up a license on the Exchange server, there is no additional licensing required for this type of mail delivery, and only lacks the contact/calendar integration with exchange - you can still sync with Outlook as usual though.

Feel free to contact me if you need any help making this work, as well as if you would like me to help your exchange admin make this work.

Last edited by cyberhh; 05-12-2005 at 12:00 PM..