View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 01:34 PM   #11
Ketchums
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Bold
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljefe View Post
I just recently upgraded to a Bold from an 8700c (and a 7900 before that). The Bold is far and away the best Blackberry so far. But I have two disappointments worth mentioning. In order of importance to me:

The vibrator is so anemic as to be nearly worthless. My Blackberry is a work tool. I need to know when calls or messages are coming in. With the bold in the stock belt holster on my belt, I can feel the vibrator if I'm sitting still in a theater or restaurant. But if I'm moving at all....forget it. It's just not there.

The vibrator was inadequate in the 8700 too, although it was better than the Bold's. I sent a message to RIM asking that in future versions they increase the amplitude of the vibrator, and maybe make the amplitude settable like the ring tones are. They sent me a nice reply thanking me for the feedback but my suggestion obviously didn't happen.

My second, and much less important, disappointment is the camera. When my wife and sons all got iPhones I was blown away by how good iPhone photos look. Finially...a camera phone that takes pictures that look like they came from a regular point-and-shoot camera. Then came the Bold...and back to photos that look like they were taken with a camera.

The Bold's photos are 2 mega-pixels, but the lens quality is poor. So all photos are blurry.

Other than those two issues....a great device so far.
That sucks to hear about the vibrate function, I guess we'll see how it goes though. And I had an 8800, so honestly, any camera is better than none at all for me
Offline   Reply With Quote