View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 08:28 AM   #7
mgerbasio
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

I have a Bold, almost since they first were available. As far as a phone, the sound quality is probably the best I've heard on outgoing and incoming when on 3G. The screen is very good as is the keyboard. The camera is passable for my uses. I think they should have rubberized the sides and back of the phone but that's a minor complaint.

Since you have a BB you already know the pro's and con's of the OS.

I'm in the NYC/NJ area which has good 3G coverage. So, your experience may be different, actually better, if you're on EDGE. The battery is disappointing if you use much talk time. At about 1.5-2 hours of talk time, my phone is just about dead by 4:00pm. I don't do much browsing and get/send 50-60 messages via email/text.

AT&T's network in NYC is slipping from bad to horrible. I called Friday to complain about dropped calls. In midtown Manhattan 7 call dropped in about 40 minutes. My calls to 611 dropped three times and that wasn't included in the 7 earlier dropped calls as I waited until I was in NJ to call 611.

Tech support was nice enough to finally text me to tell me to pull the battery for 30 seconds. I usually reset once a week but they said to actually pull the battery and do it more frequently. I don't buy that.

Regards-Michael G.
Offline   Reply With Quote