View Single Post
Old 06-27-2009, 11:28 AM   #17
L3stat
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: SingTel

Wirelessly posted

Hi Steve. No not exactly. Here's what I did:$

I installed the handset OS on my PC, so I had the full list of OS components to install or not. I merely picked the ones I needed (language support, Attachment Service, DocsToGo etc).

When I said checking off the boxes, there's an option box at the lower right of the App Loader screen. I'm away from my PC, otherwise I'll show you with a screenshot. What's in that page are 3 options, one to backup your data, one to delete all applications (which will be restored after App Loader runs), and one to delete all application data. Essentially when you check all 3 boxes, you're telling App Loader to backup your databases, delete everything on the handheld, reinstall the OS and restore your data.

That did the trick for me. What I suspect caused the problem for me is that the restore from my 8707 backup kinda messed up the databases. In doing the steps above, I think App Loader cleaned these bugs out. Try it, with the backup option you have nothing to lose, except wasted time in doing it, Enterprise Activation (if you're on a company BES), and maybe the hassle of getting EA details from your IT guys (if at all).
Offline   Reply With Quote