Old 07-08-2007, 08:45 AM   #281
davistld01
CrackBerry Addict

Model: None
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackberryer View Post
I think more people would be willing to try out a BB if the monthly costs weren't so high. I'm a new convert of only a few months, and I absolutely love the devices. However, if I didn't use it for my business and thus able to write off a portion of the monthly fees, I wouldn't own a BlackBerry. Especially on Verizon. $45 in addition to your cell phone bill is really outrageous. And that's the brickwall most folks run into when looking into these things. Most of my friends would love to own a BB, but they're not going to spend that much money on email. No value there for them and I can't say that they're wrong.
I tend to agree. AT&T has the highest data plans on the planet...and I am not a business-subsidized BlackBerry user. I really love my 'Berrys...and would not be happy with anything that didn't at least provide me with email and media access, so reverting back to a regular mobile phone would be difficult at the very least. I have to justify the cost in that I have email access wherever I am and whatever I am doing...away from my office or home PC. But...I must admit that month after month of paying $100+ phone bills, that is getting harder and harder to do.

But...I am paying $10 less a month with my personal BB plan than I was on AT&T's Unltd. PDA Connect plan using my old Treo 680...so I guess that's something.

Last edited by davistld01; 07-08-2007 at 08:47 AM..