Auroraboy
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimGinCentralNJ View Post
Auroraboy-

Hope you don't mind my jumping-in on this thread....

Along the lines of what Holden is trying to figure out, I'm trying to see whether there's a way to manually sync my work Lotus Notes Calendar via USB on a "personal" (e.g., non-BES) version Blackberry (8330).

We are a full Domino / BES shop here, but I don't want the company to pay for my B-berry device because they'd have full control over it...and I'd also be accountable for checking e-mail off hours. All I'm looking for is to have my work Calendar on my personal B-berry, but I don't know whether or not this can be done w/ out the BES-version device and/or software.

Any thoughts? TIA,
Tim G.
My thoughts are that I am a Newbie!!! when it comes to BB, and I am trying to figure out the same thing you are. i.e. How to get contacts, calendar etc downloaded on my PERSONAL BB. I figured out to get corporate e-mail via BIS. My assumption is that I would need to install BB Desktop Mgr on my work laptop and sync via USB to update calendar, contacts. I need to see if our IT Dept. will even allow me to install the BB DM software, since our company does not "support" BB, only Windows Mobile.
Offline   Reply With Quote