View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 01:05 AM   #17
Murderswitch

Model: 9550
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Unhappy Touchscreens are hard to protect from impact

I just got the Commuter case for my 9550 and my wife's 8530. My reasoning for the Commuter versus the Defender is because it isn't as bulky and doesn't look like a pocket bomb, but also has the great protection... well... so I thought. I found out yesterday morning that regardless of what you have wrapped around a Storm, impact will probably win the fight. I went to show the case to one of my coworkers out behind our store (standing on a sidewalk) and the rubber around the corners got caught on the liner in my dress pants pocket and fumbled out of my hand and onto the walkway. It didn't hit THAT hard and while I wasn't freaking out because I felt assured that the Otterbox did it's job, I picked up the phone and the whole entire screen was shattered. The funny thing at least is that the screen is still intact and working only because the screen protector (that came with the Otterbox) held it all together, or else the glass would've scattered everywhere. So as of right now... a couple boxes of tissue later... I'm staring at my completely ridiculous looking phone and waiting for payday so I can pay the deductible for the insurance ($89 - Verizon). I doubt a Defender would've saved it. I can imagine these storms being more delicate than traditional BB's anyway. So regardless of what you get, 'impact' has the upper hand - especially if you have a touchscreen. *cry*
Offline   Reply With Quote