Old 11-01-2007, 11:31 AM   #35
jseah
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
PIN: 30496979
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by d5coupe View Post
I called this morning, and a supervisor told me the $29.99 Web and Email plan only included 10MB of data.

The unlimited plan is still $44.99

So there was NO price drop, like I was expecting to see ....
I am not so sure about this. When I pre-ordered the Pearl this morning and signed up for the Web and Email plan at $29.99, the details of the plan did not mention being limited to 10MB at all. This is what pops up on the Verizon site when you click for details on the Email and Web for Blackberry plan:

Email and Web for BlackBerry®
Use your BlackBerry for personal email and Web surfing.
Your email will be xxx8220;pushedxxx8221; automatically to your device.
Access up to ten POP3 and IMAP email accounts, including Yahoo!® Mail, AOL® Mail, Windows Live® Hotmail®, and Verizon.net.
Easy email account setup.
Voice Usage: Per your voice calling plan.
Required Equipment
CDMA BlackBerry device with Verizon Wireless software required.

CDMA Data Roaming

In the Canadian Broadband and Canadian Enhanced Services Rate and Coverage Areas, usage will be charged at a rate of $0.002 per KB or $2.05 per MB.
In the Mexican Enhanced Services Rate and Coverage Area, usage will be charged at a rate of $0.005 per KB or $5.12 per MB.
For more information on roaming in Canada and Mexico, visit verizonwireless.com/naroaming

Also, when I go to my company's employee discount site (where the Pearl pre-order doesn't appear, and the old plans are still showing), the cheaper Blackberry plan clearly shows the 10MB limit in the title of the plan, and it is priced at $24.99 a month.

So, I believe that they have basically raised the price $5, but made it unlimited rather than 10MB.
Offline   Reply With Quote