View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 03:42 AM   #1
ShadowDog

Model: 4GLTE
PIN: N/A
Carrier: None
Default AppWorld Crashing

Please Login to Remove!

BB Playbook 4G LTE 32GB - I was pretty excited after having won this new hardware at a company raffle. It is/was destined to replace my Samsung Galaxy 2.

After I perform a first-time user startup and attempt to enter App World, the following occurs:

I get the following message upon entering App World, "To continue using BlackBerry App World, you must upgrade your current version. For more information, please visit ... Support."

I select 'Upgrade' and after confirming the agreement, the next screen opens to a list of the original apps, with one flagged app, 'Slacker Radio for BlackBerry' needing an update.
About 30 seconds later, the update screen crashes and the home screen pops up.
Another attempt to re-enter App World results in the colourful backdrop screen opening, but nothing further. No scrolling green wheel, nothing. I'm free to re-enter the menu again, so it's not frozen. It just won't re-load the App World menu after kicking me out.

Up to now, I have attempted a restart, a full shut-down and restart, and a security wipe and new initial setup with the same results.

I need my work sync apps!

Any help would be appreciated.
Offline   Reply With Quote