View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 02:38 PM   #6
hyperleona

Model: 9900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-MOBILE
Thumbs down Blackberry Bold Won't Turn On, Red light only blinks, PC won't recognize

I got a new Blackberry Bold 9900 in September, paid T-Mobile full price for it. The phone crashed at the end of last week. Shut down and won't turn on again. I have neither dropped it nor spilled water on it. It just crashed one day. It looks like new and it's only been six months since I first got it. I am supposed to have warranty for a year, but RIM says that carrier is responsible for the warranty, and T-Mobile could not find the info about the phone purchase and could do nothing about it. Only when I called them to cancel my contract, they said they found the info and can replace my phone.

I did cancel because I don't want to be with the company that is responsible for the phones they are selling only - quote - "as long as you're paying us money." If you get poor quality phone that crashes in 6 months for $600, it doesn't mean anything to them. Neither does the fact that I had two lines on my T-Mobile account for 2 years.

Therefore, if you have the new Blackberry Bold 9900, beware:

A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH IT.

It crashes for no reason and RIM is not responsible for the warranty.

Therefore, make sure you have insurance from your carrier, and if you're with T-Mobile, you're stuck with them, or you lose the phone like I did.
Offline   Reply With Quote