Old 07-14-2008, 01:15 PM   #1
7100simpleisbetter
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8120
PIN: Cushion
Carrier: TMobile
Default Free: Custom Web Shortcuts

Please Login to Remove!

Since I have received so many useful tips, tricks and apps from this site I thought I would give back. With my limited knowledge of coding for BlackBerry I did learn how to create web shortcut icons so users can select them directly from their icon list (aka ribbon bar) and it can invoke a predetermined browser instead of the default browser like the great app that exists and is available on the forums called Web Shortcuts by Jonathan Fisher.

To this end, I am offering to create web shortcuts that will reside on your BlackBerry icon list for the first 15 requests that are posted in this thread. There are not strings attached to the icons, I just want to give back to the community and see how much interest there is in this type of service as well. Below is information that I need to make the icon and have it function appropriately. I will then create the .jad, .alx and .cod file and post them in a zip file in this thread so they will be publicly available so I recommend not requesting anything to an Intranet site because it could expose information about your organization that you would not want exposed through the URL provided.

Here is what I need to create the icon:
Quote:
Icon Title (this will be what is displayed at the bottom of the screen when you scroll over the icon on the icon list)
e.g. Google Shortcut

URL (this is the web address that you want the icon to direct the browser to when selected):
e.g. http://www.google.com

Browser (which browser do you want to use? Options are Default, Internet (BIS), BlackBerry (BES), Wi-Fi, WAP):
e.g. Internet Browser

Attach a 32x32 picture for the icon. If no icon is attached I will use a default browser icon of my choosing.
All requests must be made in this thread!!! I will not accept any requests via PM and will ignore any requests via PM at this point.

Please also vote on the Poll at the top of this thread as well.

The Custom Web Shortcut will only work on OS 4.2.1 and above. OS version less than 4.2.1 will not be supported.

You can see an example of a web shortcut icon I have created in the following thread:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/wifi...-bar-icon.html

Please allow 1 - 2 business days for the icon to be posted. It may be sooner but no promises.

Notes and Disclaimers:
I reserve the right to reject any requests for any reason or terminate this offer at any time. I am not responsible for the URL provided and/or the copyright on any images provided. The responsibility of obtaining proper copyright reproduction authorization is the responsibility of the individual requesting the icon. I am not responsible for the use and/or any results of using the icon provided.

Last edited by 7100simpleisbetter; 07-14-2008 at 07:02 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote