View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 02:44 PM   #5
Tootzie

Model: 7100T
PIN: N/A
Carrier: private
Default Re: BES Express and DR in another datacenter

Exchange is part of the DR plan. We are using a DAG with passive copies in the DR site so i'm confident an Exchange datacenter switchover process covers Exchange in a disaster scenario (and our Outlook internal clients and internet switchover are covered).

The BES VM and BES database are both replicated (LUN replication) to the DR site. I prefer not to run a hot/warm BES in the standby site. I only want BES to exist in the standby site after a disaster scenario is declared. Then i would bring up the BES VM and attach the BES database.

The network segments in the primary and standby site will be different somewhat. I realize that i will have to make sure the BES VM network is correct for the standby site. BES and Exchange will be able to communicate with each other in the standby site. and BES will be able to access the BES database in the standby site.
What would we have to do (if anything) to get the BES internet component to communicate to our on-site BES VM?

when you said: "If the mail servr is on a diff segment then there might be more work involved." - mail server on different segement - different from what?
Offline   Reply With Quote